Darkinyung Grammar & Dictionary
Darkinyung is an Aboriginal language of New South Wales which is again being taught and learnt. Caroline Jones (Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Education, University of Wollongong) has worked alongside the Darkinyung Language Group to develop a concise and authentic record of what is known of Darkinyung language today, based on research into historical sources mainly from the ninetheenth century.
This first modern documentation of Darkiyung language includes:
- an explanation of the speech sounds and a suggested writing system
- how the grammar works, in accessible terms with examples
- a database of source words, including R.H. Mathews' notebook material
- several dictionary list formats suited for different leaners' needs.
Order your copy of the Darkinyung Dictionary today!
Please download, print and complete the order form below and fax back to us on
02 4925 2185.
- Publisher: Muurrbay Aboriginal Language & Culture Co-op
- ISBN-13: 978 097 753 5194
- Pages: 182 pages
- Price: $40.00